Monday, May 18, 2009

Looking for our perfect patch of land


If blogging was part of my job, I would've been fired by now. 2009 is half done and this is my first entry. Need not say, I've been kept busy. *wink*

We have been spending soo much time recently trying to look for our perfect patch of land to build our uber-magnificent-fabulous-dream house.
Prices was sky-high in the prime areas we felt like we were bing ripped off.

We wanted to find our perfect lot that was near (we don't consider 188KM from the nearest mall "NEAR"), reasonably priced (we didn't want to spend a lifetime paying for it) and we were almost starting to believe that this does not exist..

Driving around, Allan said he used to think of buying a small lot and just build UPwards.

Which was kinda like this in my mind...






So Marion said we would then have to pay for air-space. Hehe.

Kidding aside. I feel so kawawa that I live in this day and age. Imaging people trying to sell us 30sq meters for a million moolahs (Sofuiua Bellevue). I said they must be crazy. But people actually buy this.

We went around Antipolo yesterday and saw (all in Antipolo)--

1. Metroview -pretty near, nice neighborhood, EXPENSIVE (6200/sq.m.)




2. Paula Subdivision- really near, unremarkable subdivision, no ammenities whatsoever, a bit high for such a crummy village (4500/sq.m) .. but really near. Oh. And it's really near. And, have I mentioned? It's really near :)



3. Town and Country Heights- very cheap (4100/sq.m) and nakaka-highblood FAAAAR. as in naka-3 whole repeats na yung cd and we weren't even there yet. Yes, like, 18,763,735-bottles-of-beer-on-the-wall FAR. But it was really cheap. Hehehe.




I go for Town and Country Heights. I have started dreaming about living there na nga e.


What made it even cheaper was that the cuts was 75, 120, 190, etc so we could choose what fit our budget and it had a nice clubhouse, a las-salle school inside the village, a cemetery outside the village (no neighbors forever! Yay!). And mountains all around (nature trekking, anyone?)

Imagine it was sooo far from civilization that I could put up a business and.. NO COMPETITION! From the top of my head, I could think of bilyaran, convenience store (with a roofdeck na inuman), network gaming place, day care.

Target market? They wayward students of the la-salle school there. LOL! :D

Allan pretty much was turned off- super-layo (because he would be stuck driving everyday, I assumed). He voted for Paula subdivision. Paula Subdivision was just beside Masinag Market. 500 meters away from Jollibee, banks, market (NONE of which we go to..) So I do NOT understand why we have to choose it when we do not particularly LIKE Jollibee, we do not BANK in that particular bank, and we have not gone to market (na market talaga) for a whole year. Sta.Lucia was a few kms away.. but we don't even shop there and he despises the malling culture so what does it matter if SM Marikina was a "tambling" away?!

Well, men will always come up with their reasons NOT to agree with us. So I let him be. It was HIS lot to LOAN anyway. (sa future ko na aankinin when there's a house built on it na)

Looking at model units was sooo much fun. Sa model units, I could imaging what curtains to put, what rugs to buy, what couch to get, where MY room would be and what went where and so on..

Looking at lots, on the other hand was nothing but boring (and itchy and hot and itchy and "insect-y"). Nothing but grass. Staring at grass and talking about where the sun rose and sank. Gee, I never even see the sun rise because I'm either indoors or still sleeping..

We go home everyday thinking about 20%dp, 10% discount, equity, 10 years to pay, monthly ammortization and so on and it's sooo tiring.

And we reach Bagong Buwan and realize Bagong Buwan is HOME. It's perfect (for us). Can't we just live here forever?

With all our "stuff" (a.k.a trash) in it already and the smell of moldy books and the spacious garage and the kitchen where I learned where to cook and the table we ate so many meals in..

Sobrang ibang-iiba talaga ang house sa home. With much thinking and (pride-swallowing) I then decided to agree with Allan about Paula Subdivision. It was a NOTHING subdivision to me. But it was where we would build our dream HOME. :)

No comments: